Toyota LC200 Fit Out

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 05, 2008 at 22:31
ThreadID: 59528 Views:9614 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

Thought I'd let you know on progress with fitting out an LC200 VX (so far!).

This is the result of enquiries and other research + superb advice from Brian Wallis at Autotainment Burswood WA;

- Rotronics dual battery system Series 3 with Optima Yellow Top Gel battery, TJM battery tray.
- Toyota Original Steel Winch Bar - I reckon it looks better than the ARB and TJM. Cheaper and with confirmed Toyota warranty.
- BFG A/Ts
- Toyota Headlamp protectors
-Toyota reversing sensors
-Toyota towing kit
- Yaesu FT857D with Terlin Perth Outbacker Multiband on Bullbar with remote mic and separation kit.
- Uniden UHF 40CHN with remote mic
- Kenwood DDX8032BT In Dash Car DVD Monitor to replace std Toyota unit with Garmin Navigation KNA-G431, + front and reversing cameras, bluetooth and MP3 player + IPod. Control from screen. Full address books, calling etc as well as MP3 listing and control - fantastic!
- HiTV independent head rest DVD units with Sony PS2 games unit added. Great for the kids with no more "are we there yet? All can be independent or diplay on all 3 screens.
- Volatile EPE HID high and low beam headlight globes. Pretty dam bright and we may not need spotties now.

That's it for now - still to add recovery kits, Warn Winch and compressor.

Everything works great, still to tune in Yaesu. Kenwood unit is awesome. Far superior to the sampled Pioneer and VMS (in my opinion).

Thanks to Brian Wallis 289 Great Eastern Highway. Burswood, WA 6100. (08) 9470-4233 0418922559.

Very pleased with the LC200 and the fit out so far. Looking forward to Coral Bay and the Kimberley coming up.

Mike (HSEQ)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Boobook2 - Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 07:38

Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 07:38
Mike,

Nice. I have a 200 and am fitting it out now too.

I have a few questions if I may.

Do the reversing sensors integrate into the optitronic dash display like th emanual says or are they stand alone and just beep. The dealer says the manual does not apply to Aust.

Also what size are the BFGs?

thanks
AnswerID: 314077

Follow Up By: Member - Don M (NSW) - Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 08:58

Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 08:58
I have a 200 V TTD and have the reversing sensors and no, they are not integrated with the optitronic...that is reserved for the 'elite' European and probably US markets...We only get the aftermarket system that only beeps....well supposedly. I can't hear mine at all. If I really strain with the radio off I can just hear a faint squeak. In a word...'crap' The dealer jokingly noted that I am getting old and deaf...cheeky bugger. It is going in for the 1000km service tomorrow and they will fix it there I hope.
I have the VMS satnav with inbuilt Oziexplorer and reversing camera...works well so far.
FollowupID: 580132

Follow Up By: HSEQ - Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 11:08

Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 11:08
Hi BooBook2!

The VX came with a std type radio. The reversing sensors weren't linked to this, they just beeped. Same deal now we have installed the Kenwood. They seem OK though. The reversing camera makes it easier.

The tyres are LT285/70 R17s ATs. Seem OK on the road so far. At about 60kph the speedo appears to be out by a 2-3 kph.

We were keen to get the VMS unit until we approached 3 different companies here in Perth re installation and each said they had installed and then removed 3-4 units with issues.

We then investigation Eclipse, Pioneer etc before settling on the new Kenwood - excellent interface - I believe it is now capable of displaying offroad maps. Until I get that sorted I'm using a laptop with OziExplorer and HEMA offroad maps.

Mike
FollowupID: 580145

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 15:41

Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 15:41
Hi Mike,

I am in the process of my 200 TTD buildup too. Just ordered the Polaris 3119 in-dash unit, the main thing that swayed me was that I could run Oziexplorer on it as well as the Sygic satnav, amongst all the bluetooth, reverse camera DVD options. Nearly went the VMS and looked at the Kenwood unit too.

Am going the Kenwood roofmount DVD for the kids, was thinking about the headrest type but decided on the roofmount for various reasons.

I had the ARB winch bar on order a month ago, supposed to be getting fitted on the 25th of this month. Am still deciding whether to go the ARB lift kit or one of the others. I had a very good run on my 80 series with ARB so tempted to do so again.

Took it off-road with our 4WD club yesterday and I am still impressed with just how well it goes in stock form- and thats with some very modified 100's and GU's. But now have some very "nice" pinstriping on the sides from the scrub. Oh well, it wasn't bought to be a Toorak Tractor :)

Cheers

Captain
AnswerID: 314113

Follow Up By: HSEQ - Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 17:09

Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 17:09
Hi Captain,

Sounds like good work!

I'm off to Coral Bay and Exmouth in a couple of weeks and will try the 200s offroad capability for the first time!

I'm not looking forward to the scratches though ;-)

Next June it will be the Kimberley, Gibb River Road and Rudell National Park etc. We'' take a camper trailer with us.

We went with the Toyota bar because it was available right now and it doesn't look too bad. Also alleviates any possible concerns about warranty issues which is clearly and loudly proclaimed on page 1 of the handbook!

Good luck!

Mike

FollowupID: 580159

Sponsored Links